Serves: 2 person
Time: 60 minutes
1 packet of Youmee Green Curry Noodles
Handful of Shiitake mushroom
250gm of chicken mince
Gyoza or wanton wrapper
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbs sesame oil
A glass of water
Dressing per serving:
1 tbs thick dark soy sauce
1/2 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/8 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbs black vinegar
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for about 15 minutes. When it’s ready for use, drain, cut and discard stems. Cut the mushroom tops into cubes.
- Marinate the chicken mince with cubed shiitake mushrooms in Youmee’s Green Curry sauce for about 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the Youmee noodles and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately rinse the noodles well with cold water. Shake the colander to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. 5. Wrap chicken mince and mushroom mixture in wanton or gyoza wrappers in folds of your choice.
- Warm a pan with 2 tablespoons of sesame oil. When it is hot, carefully place the dumplings and sear until browned. Pour a glass of water into the pan and cover it to steam the dumplings.
- After 5 minutes, the dumplings should be nicely steamed. Get rid of any excess water. Drizzle more sesame oil around the dumplings to sear it again quickly. The dumplings are ready.
- Toss the noodles in the bowl of dressing and serve with dumplings. The dish can be served with greens of your choice.
- Thinly julienne ginger and add it into the vinegar for the dipping sauce.