Serves: 2 person
Time: 30 minutes
2 packets of Youmee Green Curry Noodles
Small packet of baby spinach/preferred greens
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbs of oil
Fried onions for garnish
Minced Beef Ingredients:
250gm Mince Beef / chicken
1 tsp of fish sauce
1 tbs of oyster sauce
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the Youmee noodles and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately rinse the noodles well with cold water. Shake the colander to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbs of oil, fry the garlic until it is browning.
- Pour in the mince. Make sure to break the mince apart. Add in fish sauce and oyster sauce. Season with white pepper. When the mince is nicely browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- Prepare fried anchovies, shallow fry anchovies on a pan and set aside.
- Quickly blanch baby spinach in hot water.
- To poach the egg, heat water in a pan but do not boil the water. The right temperature is when there are bubbles forming at the sides and bottom of the pan. Crack open an egg in a glass. Using a spatula, stir the water in a clockwise direction, remove spatula and pour the egg into the water.
Depending on your pan, a really soft poached egg should take around 2 minutes and a soft to firm one will need 4 minutes (it depends on the size of the eggs and whether you’re using them straight from the fridge). To check whether they’re done, remove one carefully from the pan with a slotted spoon and give it a gentle push with a teaspoon.
- Time to assemble. Put noodles in a bowl and top it with mince, baby spinach, anchovies and egg at the side.
- Heat up the Youmee Green Curry sauce in a small saucepan. When the sauce is bubbling, pour it on the noodles.
- Garnish with fried onions and chilli.