Homemade Cup Noodles
Serves : 1 pax
Time : 15 minutes
1 packet of Plain Youmee Noodle
1 tsp miso paste
1/8 tsp instant dashi powder
50g Japanese pressed tofu
60g Bunashimeji mushrooms
60g chicken, cooked
1 airtight jar, can or tupperware
1. Dab the miso paste on the bottom of the jar or container of choice. Pour the dashi powder on top of the paste so it sticks.
2. Chop the tofu into squares and julienne the carrots, then place them in a circle around the jar.
3. Heat up some water to cook the Youmee noodles, and in the the mean time quickly stir-fry the mushrooms with some sesame oil or butter. Cook the noodles for 90 seconds.
4. Place the mushrooms in the jar, and add the chicken meat if you are using. Place the cooked noodles right on top of the carrots, tofu and mushrooms. Set aside to cool.
5. Keep the spring onions and seaweed in a mini sealable bag or a small container, then place on top of the noodle. When the jar and its content is cooled, you can keep it in the refrigerator for up to two days.
6. When ready to eat, just add hot water to the jar and wait for a minute or two to warm up the ingredients – then dig in!