Teriyaki Chicken Breast & Edamame with Noodles
Serves : 1 person
Time : 60 minutes
1 cup dashi or chicken stock
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tbs honey mixed with 1 tbs water
1 tbs rice vinegar
1 piece of chicken breast
1 cup edamame
1 cup Japanese soy
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup honey
1 cup rice vinegar
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the Youmee noodles and cook until just tender, about 3-5 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately rinse the noodles very well with cold water. Shake the colander to remove excess water. Set aside.
2. Mix the ingredients for the teriyaki marinade and marinate the chicken breast for 20 minutes.
3. Mix dashi, soy, honey, water and rice vinegar in a bowl. That will form the dipping sauce for the noodles. Set aside.
3. Boil edamame for 5 minutes
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
7. In a frying pan, heat up the oil. Sear the chicken until browned, then flip and cook the other side.
8. Baste the breast with the additional marinade. When both sides are browned, place the breast in the oven.
9. Let it cook in the oven for 10 minutes, flip and cook the other side for another 10.
10. After, take the chicken out from the oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before cutting to ensure that it will be moist and juicy.
11. Slice the chicken breast and is ready to serve. Dip the noodles into the sauce when eating, you can also toss the noodles together with the sauce, chicken breast and edamame.